7 Great quotes about libraries on photos of beautiful libraries
With libraries around the world in danger of extinction, Flavorwire posted a series of great quotes about libraries from famous writers. I decided to pair them with some of the world’s most beautiful libraries. You’re welcome;
- Trinity College Library - University of Dublin
- University Club Library – New York City
- Admont Abbey Library – Austria
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura – Rio de Janeiro
- Suzzalo Library at the University of Washington – Seattle
- Yale University’s Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Canadian Library of Parliament – Ottawa
Click on the photo to see it full size. Support your local library, kids.
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
A.A. Milne (via leslieknopeful)
Each of these swirling clouds is a result of a meteorological phenomenon known as a Karman vortex. These vortices appeared over Alexander Selkirk Island in the southern Pacific Ocean. Rising precipitously from the surrounding waters, the island’s highest point is nearly a mile (1.6 km) above sea level. As wind-driven clouds encounter this obstacle, they flow around it to form these large, spinning eddies.